Check out this mini-story I made as a slideshow

View slideshow I hope you enjoy it!

Inanimatealice project from iStories

This blog is, as from today (12 Dec. 2009), a tribute to James Hadley Chase, who wrote with great precision zillions of novels set in the USA , without (hardly)ever having set foot in it. I hope I can measure up to him -even if only just a bit.

Afterthought

After some painstaking and futile attempts I've realised that Chase must have been a much more conscientious man when it came to geographical accuracy (or just plainly much more into maps than I am). So, while still dedicated to him, I hope readers will forgive -and perhaps enjoy- some creative licence on my part...

Saturday 12 December 2009

Change of plans

I'd like to thank the one other person that voted for a destination (I think I might have an idea who it might be...It was very kind of you). Within hours of poll closing, I don't see much of a point in waiting for more votes so I will simply do a Shirley Valentine (thank you, J. Aitchison :)) and go on my own. To honour the poll, I'll go to an island.

Capri will have to wait, however -so if you're waiting for me at la piazzetta, please don't for now (but do send in pictures and have a great time!!)

Anyway, I've decided to go to Punta Cana, in the Dominican Republic. I've heard great things about it: the weather is terrific, and hotels provide peace and quiet as well as fun and entertainment (how they manage it is up to them. I'm just going to relax and enjoy it...). And -hey! If I'm lucky enough, I might even get a flight attendant like the one below to make time pass faster...

In come my suntan lotion, swimsuit and shades...Hands free so I can clap along -I'm not that mad yet, press play, please.





No comments: